Return to: Programs A-Z
The business administration curriculum allows sufficient flexibility for adaptation to a student’s particular interests and goals. A minimum of 122 hours is required for the B.S. degree in all majors except accounting, which requires 127 hours, and international business, which requires a minimum of 125 hours. They are divided between courses in business administration and general education courses in English, history, foreign languages, natural and behavioral sciences, and other disciplines. All business administration students are required to earn 40 hours in a common core sequence of business subjects. The major field for all majors except accounting and international business* requires 12-21 hours beyond the common core. If a major requires only 12 hours, then a minimum of 9 additional hours of advisor-approved course work in business/economics must be completed. A minimum of 18 credit hours in additional directed general education courses is required.
The school has developed options designed to complement core and major requirements. Information and assistance in the development and selection of options are available through the advising facilities of the school.
Competitive Admission: Admission to the international business major is highly competitive. Enrollment in the Chinese Business Track is limited to 20 additional student per year.
*The accounting major requires 26 hours. International business requires a second major in business. International business majors range from 27 to 36 hours, depending on the double major selected.
Students who graduate with a B.S.B.A. in International Business should be able to …
- demonstrate an in depth capacity in a functional area of business.
- demonstrate a strong understanding of the global dimensions of business.
- demonstrate excellent communication skills in more than one language.
- demonstrate an appreciation of the impact of culture on the conduct of business.
See Moore School of Business for entrance requirements, progression requirements, and other regulations.
- General Education Requirements (40-44 Hours)
- Business Core (40 Hours)
- Communication (Included in General Education Requirements)
- International Business (15 Hours)
- Internationalization Requirement (9 Hours)
- Directed General Education Course Work (non-BA) (minimum of 18 Hours)